Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge.thumb.jpg.b7f10f594317507d0f40662231b0d9a8.jpg

Ande

COMPLETED - SOLD!!

SW AZ-EQ5 GT Goto mount.  Absolutely as new.  Bought from FLO a short while back.  Also includes the optional Skywatcher Polar Scope, also as new. Finally, there is a portable power pack in the form of a Phaze 4-in-1 Jump Starter, again as new.  I purchased these items to form the basis of an astrophotography setup, but then got cold feet.  Consequently, I never got around to purchasing the camera, and ap scope.  I’m going to stick to observing. Due to the weight and bulk of the setup, it would be collection only. Happy to drive a short distance to help facilitate a sale. Asking £750. I’m based in Kidderminster DY10 area. I’ll take some pics tomorrow, but, rest assured, everything is A1. I sell under the name of Bilbosmeggins on eBay, with 100% feedback, so feel free to check.  

NOW SOLD!!

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

Edited by Ande
Sold

Does its warranty carry over to its new owner if I bought it and how long would it have left?

11 minutes ago, Bigwings said:

Does its warranty carry over to its new owner if I bought it and how long would it have left?

From reading previous answers to that question and one from FLO themselves, no, the warranty doesn't carry over to a second owner.

Edit: not trying to discourage the sale or anything! I have the AZ EQ6, also bought from FLO recently and it's great so I'd imagine it's baby brother is just as good.

Edited by david_taurus83

Tbh if it works flawlessly for the first few months it’ll probably keep going for a decade or more unless abused and what you save on the new price would more than cover you for a replacement circuit board a few years down the road (which could happen a few years into owning a new one anyhow).

bottom line - astronomers tend to look after their gear so 2nd hand has always proved good vfm for me. 👍

• Like 1

Thanks all for your input.  This is now provisionally sold to Bigwings :)

Through no fault of his own, Bigwings is no longer in a position to buy.  Consequently, the mount is now back up for sale.....

Still for sale, and finally added photos to original post...................

Oh, and one counter-weight isn't shown 'cos it's still in the box, as I wouldn't have been needing it with the 'scope I intended to buy......

Is this mount still for sale? 

Yes, still up for grabs...

• Like 1

Hi ande

If you are carrying on observing I will swop you my TV  31mm nagla and my x2 power mate for it worth about 800 new 

Solarboy

Edited by solarboy

Hi is this still for sale?

On 08/07/2018 at 18:58, solarboy said:

Hi ande

If you are carrying on observing I will swop you my TV  31mm nagla and my x2 power mate for it worth about 800 new 

Solarboy

Thanks for the offer, but I’ll pass, thanks. I’ve still got my observing covered with other gear. 

1 hour ago, MBJ said:

Hi is this still for sale?

Yes, still for sale..