Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What’s wrong with this DSLR sensor?

tooth_dr

A fella on another forum sent me this and asked me what I thought?

He called into Jessops and they said there was mould on the sensor. They say swabbing the sensor with mould on it will likely leave it unusable.

I thought this growth would be on the LP#1 filter glass as opposed to the sensor?

Anyone seen anything like this?

094DBABA-2C67-4E5C-9BA9-5CBBEDC903F2.jpeg

4099DE6A-9D14-4E2D-AA6D-1617BE0F496D.jpeg

To me it looks like it needs cleaning. 

Not hard to do if you get the right materials. Available from Amazon and other places for DIY or take it into a camera shop you trust.

You can get DSLR sensor cleaning kits on Amazon for a reasonable price.

If it works on cleaning up the sensor, then I'd say it's time to looks for a new retailer and let them know why. ?

I will go with the advice given, but I suspect that the retailer(s) May give similar advice, regardless of equipment, because they do want the liability.

Had it happen with a friend who bought a bicycle cheap off eBay where the gears didn’t work properly, the retailer they took it to, to get it sorted refused to touch it as they said the gears would go Kaputt not long after they “repaired” it and they would then be liable for the piece of cr*p that the person had bought off AN Other?

On 13/06/2018 at 17:59, Uplooker said:

I will go with the advice given, but I suspect that the retailer(s) May give similar advice, regardless of equipment, because they do want the liability.

Had it happen with a friend who bought a bicycle cheap off eBay where the gears didn’t work properly, the retailer they took it to, to get it sorted refused to touch it as they said the gears would go Kaputt not long after they “repaired” it and they would then be liable for the piece of cr*p that the person had bought off AN Other?

I agreed Ian, it's all about the liability these days!  Although this is a little different as they are dealing with a known quantity ie a genuine Canon 750d, and they offer a cleaning service.  Maybe they only clean clean ones lol.

Archived