Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_inspirational_skies_winners.thumb.jpg.94f78e21c195e385c5621d89ea0b51b9.jpg

William Jones

Canon 1100D or 100D for Imaging

Hi Guys

I am getting a Canon 100D ( not the 1000D) and was wondering if there is any benefit over my 1100D for prime focus imaging through my 200p Newtonian.

look forward to any constructive replies

Will

I have a 100d and I love it..very small and lightweight..i don't use it as much nowadays as I'm getting to grips with ccd's, but I use it alot on the S.A. and always take it on holiday with me..awesome little camera..im not familiar with the 1100d so looked it up to compare..

http://cameradecision.com/compare/Canon-EOS-100D-vs-Canon-EOS-1100D

1100D DIGIC 4, 100D DIGIC 5, which usually means less noise at high ISO.

1100D oversamples with your 1000mm FL, 100D even more so.

Michael

Not a massive amount between them in practise. I use a pair of 1100Ds and have always found them very satisfactory for an uncooled camera. 

Supposing at some future date you were to get one modded as a dedicated astro camera, which would you prefer to keep unmodded for normal use?

RL