Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Can anyone tell me / confirm that I need the 5mm cs adapter to fit my qhy5L-11  so this will focus at infinity with the 25mm  cctv lens  I assume I remove the c adapter and replace with the CS adapter .

There were two types of QHY5L-II cameras supplied, ones with 'C' and the others with CS mountings. The 'C' mounts were supplied initially then subsequently they were supplied with CS.

The CS mount (thinner) can accommodate both CS and 'C' (with 5mm spacer) mount lenses whereas a 'C' mount can only accommodate a 'C' mount lens.

If the 25mm lens is a new, cheap(ish) lens it will most likely be a CS mount or a less likely a C mount, not sure how you can tell them apart to be honest.

If your camera has a CS mount and your lens is a CS mount then no adapter is required.
If your camera has a CS mount and your lens is a 'C' mount then you need a 5mm spacer.
If your camera has a 'C' mount and your lens is a 'C' mount then no adapter is required.
If your camera has a 'C' mount and your lens is a CS mount then you are out of luck. Although you can contact Bern at Modern Astronomy for a CS mount for your QHY5-L-II camera (not a spacer!).

This site shows the difference between the two QHY5L-II cameras and mount types:
https://wix443.wixsite.com/polemaster-emulator

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bottletopburly said:

Thanks Stuart mines a c mount I will give Bern a shout , Lens is a cs mount ?

38 minutes ago, StuartJPP said:

There were two types of QHY5L-II cameras supplied, ones with 'C' and the others with CS mountings. The 'C' mounts were supplied initially then subsequently they were supplied with CS.

The CS mount (thinner) can accommodate both CS and 'C' (with 5mm spacer) mount lenses whereas a 'C' mount can only accommodate a 'C' mount lens.

If the 25mm lens is a new, cheap(ish) lens it will most likely be a CS mount or a less likely a C mount, not sure how you can tell them apart to be honest.

If your camera has a CS mount and your lens is a CS mount then no adapter is required.
If your camera has a CS mount and your lens is a 'C' mount then you need a 5mm spacer.
If your camera has a 'C' mount and your lens is a 'C' mount then no adapter is required.
If your camera has a 'C' mount and your lens is a CS mount then you are out of luck. Although you can contact Bern at Modern Astronomy for a CS mount for your QHY5-L-II camera (not a spacer!).

This site shows the difference between the two QHY5L-II cameras and mount types:
https://wix443.wixsite.com/polemaster-emulator

Hope this helps.

Cheers Stuart camera is c mount lens cs mount will give Bern a shout ?