Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 09-06-2018

U Cyg

The sky seemed poor on the 9th, I couldn't tell if it was cloud or mist, but the images came out much better than I expected.

09-06-2018  2150UT

09-06-2018_2150UT.png?raw=1

8" SCT  2x barlow  ADC  ASI224

Angie

Very nice. Excellent images. I’ve not used a Barlow yet to image Jupiter, so need to try that at the next available time when I can with my C8 and see what results I get. Got a good image last night though with just the ASI120 mc in the C8 , but then clouds rolled in to stop play after about 15 mins. 

Hi Angie, quality image as we expect from you now ? showing the anomaly near the grs too, thought it was a shadow transit lol but soon realized it was not so! always something going on with old jove which to me makes it so intresting!

Thank you for your comments  RonL, Martyn, Peter, Broadway1 and Archonom, much appreciated. ?

Yes Peter, we do seem to have had some reasonable seeing over here this month, it is so much easier when you can see some fine detail on the laptop screen!

Angie

Cracking images, what settings do you use Angie raw8 / raw16 / rgb / ser / avi ... so many questions ?

Just wondered as I can never decide ? and you have the same setup - the ADC as me.

Many thanks.

Very nicely captured and processed. Its very difficult, if not impossible to predict exactly what the conditions are going to yield. I have a few years of observations and records and apart from have no Jetstream and high pressure present, I am still not sure what is going to be good night or not. Hence the many "wasted" evenings, not that any evening under the heavens is really wasted ? 

Thank you Knobby and Pete. ?

Knobby, I capture raw8 avi in Firecapture, AS!3 to stack, Registax6 for colour balance and wavelets, then PS for levels, curves etc.  I have also been experimenting with deconvolution in Fitswork4.

Angie

Archived