Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan HC updating issues.

Guest chaz2b

Guest chaz2b

Hi all,

I have two Synscan HCs (both are V 02.05) and wish to update them for my (old)EQ6, there are various vids on YT but the problem I have is that when I plug in the power with holding the 0 and 8 buttons, it goes to initializing and not hc update screen, i have checked that the respective buttons work, they do, so am at a lost as to what i can do next.

Any ideas?, other than a shotgun!

chaz

Guest chaz2b

Really?......pull

The V4 would be ok yes? noticed the price...anyone got one to sell /swap?

chaz

It is typical of firmware updates that you can't always update from old to latest - you need to do it in sequence.

Also if the hardware design changes in the meantime you can't do it at all. 

Another issue I have come across with other products is that the new software is bigger and won't fit into the old EPROM.

What's behind the surprising statement that V2 handsets cannot be upgraded?

Why do you want to update the handsets? It's wise to do this only if you actually need the new functions or fixes that the upgrade provides (which you can discover by reading some small print) and not because it "seems like a good idea".  I have yet to update the firmware in my electric toothbrush or cooker. ?

If handsets and EQ-6 are both old, it may be as others suggest that you can only update the handsets by buying new(er) ones.

Guest chaz2b

To be honest, they`re not broken, so no fixes are desperately needed, and if one does break, I have the other. Then, there is the option of auto-guiding, I do have a wi-fi dongle, not used it yet, so may look into that.

chaz

Guest chaz2b
1 hour ago, Cornelius Varley said:

You can usually get a s/h v3 handset from Astroboot @ 75.00.

usually....except none in.

chaz

Archived