SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter grs 9th June 2018

si@nite

Seeing was very disappointing again last night, this was the best of the rgb runs showing the grs nicely placed, but unsure what the dark spot next to the grs is ?, ive not seen it on earlier captures, any ideas guys!

rgb 9-6-18.png

Very nice. Well done! Given poor seeing that’s a corking image. I took one earlier on of Venus in the daytime, and the avi files looked hopeless, but did manage to get a usable image of Venus out of them still. Amazing what software can pull out. 

Thanks Gus.

Wish I could get on venus too, but due to my location will have to wait till its in the morning sky!?

I agree the software we have now + more sensitive cams enables us to pick up some of the faintest of detail when seeing allows!

Thats a lovely image from the big meade Simon great colour balance and very well processed. I'm not sure what the dark spot is as there were no moons visible when I was tracking jupiter. But I did read that some of the observation guys saw this and said it was a very rare Io eclipse? I would also love to know.

Cheers Martyn & Angie for the kind comments!

Every time I use the meade Martyn it is a learning curve & sometimes a risk,but i know theres potential in the optics, cooling & mirror shift on these bigger scopes is a problem that's for sure, always got the c9 thoe mr reliable!?!

Archived