Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_galaxies_winners.thumb.jpg.92ab73c3699031e815897184054b8f7c.jpg

Pig

Do I need another eyepiece

3 hours ago, emadmoussa said:

I'm not going to comment on the eyepieces quality or lack thereof, I'm only starting over and my knowledge is rusty - to put it mildly. However, Shaun, it seems your heart is set on what you want. So, darn it, go ahead an do it if it's not going to break the bank. You only live twice, the life before you'd discovered astronomy and the one after. You're in the 'after' now - so carpe diem, buddy!! ;);)   If you feel like parting with some of your existing eyepieces, remember I'm eyepiece poor right now :D

Well the Morpheus arrived yesterday and it looks pretty good, nice and light too 😀I don’t think I will be giving any away Imad.....

1 hour ago, Pig said:

Well the Morpheus arrived yesterday and it looks pretty good, nice and light too 😀I don’t think I will be giving any away Imad.....

I've noticed that Baader overstates their weights on some eyepieces.  I've weighed my 9mm to be 327g while Baader says it should weigh 360g.  My 14mm comes in at about the same weight as spec'ed, though.

1 hour ago, Pig said:

LOL - let us know how it performs. 

5 hours ago, John said:

I seem to have caused a little confusion with the photo I posted - they are not my eyepieces :embarassed:

I have quite a lot but not that many and I don't binoview so don't need the pairs.

There are a few in that photo that I'd like to own though, so I may have fuelled my own "occularholism" by posting it :rolleyes2:

I'm afraid you will have to set the record straight by posting an "eyepiece picnic" picture of your own 😀

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Louis D said:

I've noticed that Baader overstates their weights on some eyepieces.  I've weighed my 9mm to be 327g while Baader says it should weigh 360g.  My 14mm comes in at about the same weight as spec'ed, though.

Strange really because it seems counterproductive given that we prefer eyepieces to be on the lighter side if possible 😀 I don’t have any scales to weigh the eyepiece on for confirmation.

43 minutes ago, emadmoussa said:

LOL - let us know how it performs. 

I sure will young Imad 🔭 I just need a clear patch of sky so I can see some stars. I have a hunch it will be more suited to targets such as the double cluster. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ags said:

I'm afraid you will have to set the record straight by posting an "eyepiece picnic" picture of your own 😀

I believe John only has three eyepices left 🤠

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pig said:

I sure will young Imad 🔭 I just need a clear patch of sky so I can see some stars. I have a hunch it will be more suited to targets such as the double cluster. 

Agree - except for the 'young' part. 

• Like 1

Just now, emadmoussa said:

Agree - except for the 'young' part. 

Compared to the stars of course 💥

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pig said:

If that's the case Shaun. Then maybe FLO would be so kind to sent John a few eyepieces for "testing"  😉

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pig said:

Strange really because it seems counterproductive given that we prefer eyepieces to be on the lighter side if possible 😀 I don’t have any scales to weigh the eyepiece on for confirmation.

Purged with helium perhaps ?  🎈:icon_biggrin:

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Pig said:

Thats the inventory I prepared for my other half :wink:

• Like 2

Every time I count my eps it's a different number, usually more than the previous time. I can only conclude they are breeding on the sly. 🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀