Narrowband

Intes micro 10” Mak Newt

Hi all

picked up a 10” Mak Newt from a friend, 

i had one a few years back but sold it ! A mistake on my part there super heavy and do take a while to cool, but boy oh boy the image through these scopes are incredible contrast etc..  the scope needs a bit of TLC cleanup etc but a bargain, sat on a Gemini 41 observatory mount  on a homade tripod 

Stuy

513F1A89-E632-4564-8BB1-3BA4CA94D5F7.jpeg

BFDA8CC7-67FA-4B79-B39E-8A71A9B2860C.jpeg

• Like 23

Yes John great optics it’s a pity that they are currently not making any more telescope s   Apparently they are concentrating there efforts on military programs, Ive had 7 ,8, 10” Mak’s of Mak Newt and Mak Cass etc as I’ve stated cool. Down can be problematic but if you plan your observing session before hand it does help,  the scope needs a bit of a clean up and I’ll put a starlight focuser on it 

but now need to source a portable pier tripod as the present tripod is too high !!

stuy

• Like 2

On 09/06/2018 at 16:14, stuy said:

Hi all

picked up a 10” Mak Newt from a friend, 

i had one a few years back but sold it ! A mistake on my part there super heavy and do take a while to cool, but boy oh boy the image through these scopes are incredible contrast etc..  the scope needs a bit of TLC cleanup etc but a bargain, sat on a Gemini 41 observatory mount  on a homade tripod 

Stuy

513F1A89-E632-4564-8BB1-3BA4CA94D5F7.jpeg

BFDA8CC7-67FA-4B79-B39E-8A71A9B2860C.jpeg

Congratulations Stu. When you owned your 10" MN & MC it inspired me to upgrade to a 10" MN. I still have my MN78 Quartz for outreach but the 10" Just excels with the additional 3" of glass. Mounted on a wheel out AE "B" mount and lots of counterweight! Binoviewing through this is something else!! Astral Sital mirror version. Feathertouch focusor and tube sliding counterweight so I never have to re-position the tube regardless of weight change at the focuser.

P1160793x.jpg

P1160813.jpg

P1160815.jpg

• Like 7

Not sure why I felt I needed to add "not my sale" to my last post ?. If I'd owned a 12" Lomo mak-newt it would have been plastered all over this forum for months now ?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 17/06/2018 at 16:47, PaulC-I said:

Congratulations Stu. When you owned your 10" MN & MC it inspired me to upgrade to a 10" MN. I still have my MN78 Quartz for outreach but the 10" Just excels with the additional 3" of glass. Mounted on a wheel out AE "B" mount and lots of counterweight! Binoviewing through this is something else!! Astral Sital mirror version. Feathertouch focusor and tube sliding counterweight so I never have to re-position the tube regardless of weight change at the focuser.

P1160793x.jpg

P1160813.jpg

P1160815.jpg

Wonderful. Have the MN56 muself with the helical focuser.

So, what adaption was made to add the FT focuser here? The Intes plate seems to have (I think) an M66 thread, but I'm curious how Intes owners modded the focuser, cause I'd love to take mine out for visual use.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/05/2023 at 11:02, GalaxyGael said:

Wonderful. Have the MN56 muself with the helical focuser.

So, what adaption was made to add the FT focuser here? The Intes plate seems to have (I think) an M66 thread, but I'm curious how Intes owners modded the focuser, cause I'd love to take mine out for visual use.

Hi Colm, PM me please