Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 6th/7th June 2018

f33n3y

Hey everyone,

Previously tried Jupiter with EOS1200d but was disappointed with what little detail I could get. Decided to get an ASI290MC and wow, was blown away!

First two images below were with 2x barlow and, by pure luck, include Europa transit and the great red spot. Third image is prime/no barlow with Io to the left.

For comparison, the last image was my first attempt at Jupiter just 2 weeks before. What a difference having the right tools for the job makes!

Equipment: SW 200PDS, HEQ5 Pro, ASI290MC + IR-cut filter.

Process: 90sec vids with Firecapture, PIPP, stacked and debayered with AutoStakkert, wavelets in Registax.

Still loads to learn but very happy with my first attempts. Now to try Saturn....

jupiter20180606.jpg

jupiter-capture-234854(2).jpg

Jup_232603_with_io.jpg

Jupiter2.jpg

DSLR'S dont make bad planetary images, it's just that you need to use it paired with a program like BackyardEOS in planetary mode. I used mine to image jupiter and i got good results, and this was also my 2nd ever planetary imaging session with a DSLR, i can expect to get better results with more experience and hopefully better conditions.

Jupiter 6-3-2018 X1.jpg

Jupiter 6-3-2018 XC (1 of 1).jpg

Archived