Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pentax XF vs seben super zoom

andre2

Hi, is the differences between the pentax XF 6.5- 19.5 . and the cheeper seben 8=24 (€61)  zoom RAELLY noticeble better in the pentax,-for solarviewing Coronado pst = or is the seben zoom as good as the pentax? Thanks.

Hi Andre, the Pentax XF series have a good reputation amongst many here, Seben on the other hand have a very poor reputation.  I would go with the XF if I were you, not tried it myself, however.   

Have heard good things about the Seben for the very affordable price, but the Pentax is in a class of its own for solar ha and white light. Transmission, sharpness, ergonomics, range of magnification.... all class leading. If you want to get the best out of your solar set up, then unquestionably the XF is the right choice. But shop around - try some of the camera shops. No need to pay top price.

10 hours ago, andre2 said:

Hi, i see them in camera shops in UK. But they all dond ship to holland i think. So i most save a little more to want( one of ) the best zoom for Alpha-H.

Really? If so, that's annoying - and the UK hasn't even left the EU yet.....

Archived