SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pluto (134340 Pluto) 04/09/2017 22:36

Great work, Matteo. I remember the thrill the first time I captured Pluto - just a small faint dot, but *what* a dot!

7 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

How can you be sure that its Pluto

I think the lower image is a screenprint from one of the planetarium programs showing the relative positions?

3 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Great work, Matteo. I remember the thrill the first time I captured Pluto - just a small faint dot, but *what* a dot!

I think the lower image is a screenprint from one of the planetarium programs showing the relative positions?

Right... I was thinking "imaged"

11 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

Thank you! Yes is Stellarium ?

7 minutes ago, rwilkey said:

I should think that is Charon beside Pluto.  Any of the other four moons would not be possible to image from the ground as they are too small.

Pluto is the small dot near the star.

Archived