Narrowband

New or old version?

Hi,

I'm going to buy Turn Left at Orion to help me out as I'm a beginner. I see that the current edition is from seven years ago but a new one is coming out 31st July. Would it be worth waiting to get the new one or will not much be different between them?

Thanks

Jude

I have the old edition, and to be honest theres really nothing missing imo. It may be someone will know what the changes in the new edition will be. I doubt there will be much difference though, possibly a bit of a change in layout or more details on S. hemisphere skies.

John

Old.......new, i dont think it matters. They just add a few new bits in every edition. It basically remains the same. Its a really handy book to have for anyone (beginner or whatever). It gives a truly good representation of how objects will look through small,medium,large scopes and bins (under good sky conditions).

Nice offer from Simon. Take him up on it.

• 1 month later...
On 08/06/2018 at 12:11, JohnSadlerAstro said:

I have the old edition, and to be honest theres really nothing missing imo. It may be someone will know what the changes in the new edition will be. I doubt there will be much difference though, possibly a bit of a change in layout or more details on S. hemisphere skies.

John

I have an older version - hard cover, light blue jacket - it's good and durable. 

On 09/06/2018 at 18:46, Stargazer McCabe said:

On it’s way. Took a wander to the village P.O. with one of the hounds and the package made the lunchtime collection @JudeHS 

I’ve sent you a pm re postage... Only came to £2.96 - a veritable bargain...

Great people in this forum!

Archived