Narrowband

First post: hello from The Netherlands

Waddensky

Hello there! I have been reading silently in the background for a while but this is my first post. I am a visual observer for quite some years now, currently using 7x50 binoculars and a nice 8" dobsonian. Living in the nothern part of The Netherlands, I enjoy some quite dark skies around here (SQM readings ranging from 21.30 to 21.60 on a good night), which is great considering the light polluted skies in the rest of the country.

Among other things, I am interested in the 'math' of visual observing (astronomical algorithms, telescopic visibility calculation), astrophysics and astronomy outreach (I'm organising stargazing nights, work as a volunteer at a local observatory and published a stargazing app recently).

I'm looking forward to some nice discussions here, I am sure that'll turn out just fine :).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Waddensky said:

Hello there! I have been reading silently in the background for a while but this is my first post. I am a visual observer for quite some years now, currently using 7x50 binoculars and a nice 8" dobsonian. Living in the nothern part of The Netherlands, I enjoy some quite dark skies around here (SQM readings ranging from 21.30 to 21.60 on a good night), which is great considering the light polluted skies in the rest of the country.

Among other things, I am interested in the 'math' of visual observing (astronomical algorithms, telescopic visibility calculation), astrophysics and astronomy outreach (I'm organising stargazing nights, work as a volunteer at a local observatory and published a stargazing app recently).

I'm looking forward to some nice discussions here, I am sure that'll turn out just fine :).

Welcome from land down under

Very rewarding organising stargazing nights

With club belong to do Space Badge, Joey's, Scouting movement, as well as presentations in primary schools

Thanks again all for your warm welcome!

On 07/06/2018 at 15:31, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

A lot darker there than at the Blaauw Sterrenwacht. I should lug my C8 over there some time

We're having stargazing nights every now and then when the observatory is open to the public. You're welcome to join in some time. Still, no need to travel that far to be able to enjoy darker skies than Zernike ?.

Archived