sh2-132 Mission impossible

glennbech

I should really learn to pick my fights. I've been waiting to get this target for a while and should probably have waited a bit more.

Since this nebula in cepheus is very very faint I waited until the moon set at 3am, and imaged until 6 o' clock in the morning. (catching some sleep in between).

The image is a result of 36 x 5 minute subs (3 hours) of exposure. I think I had hoped for something a bit more spectacular, but I think conditions means everything here. I'll go back for it when I can see the milky way and are able to do 36x8 minutes instead of 5 minutes. Last night was one of the few nights in a while where 6 minute ISO 800 subs over exposed in red.

One thing I'm pretty happy with is the star field and focus. This image must be quite deep.

Processing wise there is not much to get out of the data (I've inspected all channels). I've done just an easy curve & level stretch here.

9298_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived