Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Boston

morphosis7

Hello, everyone... I've been getting more interested in astrophotography over the last year or so, starting with the realization that the digital camera my wife and I bought could do longer exposure times. I wish I'd realized this in time to buy a tripod _before_ staring up at the Milky Way near the Grand Canyon, but c'est la vie I suppose.

I leave just outside Boston, so the skies here are probably awful compared to many. Still, now that I've got a tripod and have found DeepSkyStacker I've been poking around and finding that all is not totally lost here. Nova.Astronomy.net has been a helpful tool as well (I'm user 9635 - not sure if URLs are allowed to be posted here or not).

I'm hoping to soak up as much as I can from the discussions here, and get better at capturing images. Comparing what I see posted here, and what comes out of the process I follow, it is pretty clear that I have a lot to learn.

Thanks!

Welcome to SGL! oh you'll find more info and help here than you can handle, search the "getting started with imaging" and general "imaging" forums, enough to keep you busy for an eon!

post questions, there are many here with years upon years of experience.

Hi, Morphosis, & welcome to SGL.

59 minutes ago, morphosis7 said:

Comparing what I see posted here, and what comes out of the process I follow, it is pretty clear that I have a lot to learn.

In one sense it is good to see what can be achieved, but remember, we have all been where you are now. No one on this forum started out taking "brilliant" images - we have all been through the 'learning curve'. A better 'comparison' will where you are next June to where you are now.

Archived