Narrowband

Agonizing over setup for tonight...

iPeace

Well, 'agonizing' is fully-egged to say the least. But Clear Outside promises a couple of good hours tonight, and at this location, I have to make a decision on where to set up: front garden or back garden. Neither is ideal, but hey, we're in this to take what's there, so this is the deal:

Front garden:

• South / South West
  • worst LP (unmasked street light)
  • houses opposite
  • closest residential heat plumes (it's summer, but the neighbours will still use hot water)
  • Jupiter (with GRS)

Back garden:

• North to South East
  • trees (mask LP and sky)
  • the biggest part of town to observe over
  • biggest bit of open sky
  • Hercules, Lyra, Cygnus

Have been wanting to get the OO VX6L on Jupiter - and I've got some juicy new eyepieces as well. On the other hand, given that Jupiter will be skimming the opposite rooftops, it might not be as worthwhile as a good couple of hours with Hercules and its globs, Lyra and Cygnus. Leaning towards back garden and saving Jove for another night, perhaps drag the newt out to a better location.

Heigh Ho.

:happy11:

15 minutes ago, Paz said:

I vote back garden! Hope you have/had a good time. :)

Thanks Paz, that was my plan - but it seems that the green blocks in Clear Outside were a bit optimistic. I didn't get any sky to speak of. There will be other nights. :smiley:

Thanks again.

40 minutes ago, iPeace said:

DSC_1748.thumb.JPG.cf2ea221adb317776ed894f77fd945ab.JPG

All newted up. Just when you think you're in for a TeleVue-free session, someone's been and stuck a 24 Panoptic in the finder.

:grin:

Thats just showing off ! :icon_razz::grin:

Archived