SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Short T-Thread Barlow for DSLR photography

hi,

I am unable to wind in the focus on my skywatcher 200 to achieve focus when a standard barlow is between tube and camera.  I am seeking recommendations on a shorter version Barlow (with t ring) so that I can gain focus on Jupiter, Saturn on the camera. As far as I can see it would appear that longer barlows are around 5-6 inches and the shorter units are 2-3 inches. This reduced length would likely deliver the space I need to gain a focus.

Appreciate any advice on others who've no doubt overcome this issue. 

Neil

22 minutes ago, unkle77 said:

hi,

I am unable to wind in the focus on my skywatcher 200 to achieve focus when a standard barlow is between tube and camera.  I am seeking recommendations on a shorter version Barlow (with t ring) so that I can gain focus on Jupiter, Saturn on the camera. As far as I can see it would appear that longer barlows are around 5-6 inches and the shorter units are 2-3 inches. This reduced length would likely deliver the space I need to gain a focus.

Appreciate any advice on others who've no doubt overcome this issue. 

Neil

Does your telescope have a 2"/1.25" Crayford focuser ?

I have the standard focuser on the 200P. The 200 PDS comes with the low profile unit.

An upgrade to the low profile Crayford is an option, however, a little pricier.

Archived