Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

This a rework of data I captured last november.

Previously the intent was to reveal the faint dust lanes within this galaxy. Now I aimed for the very faint tidal stream that connects this galaxy to its neighbour M31.

The stream is the result of gravitational interactions between M110 and M31.

ngc205_rgb_reprocess.thumb.jpg.6d3dd2a50864e0653d82e781d2f42ad6.jpg

(click on the image for a larger version)

To show the tidal structure and weak halo surrounding M110, here's an inverted and superstretched version.

ngc205_synthL_inv.jpg.e03b29cb519e41717ff8fa13787d425c.jpg

2.2 hours of integration time is really not enough to do this target justice, so I will add to it later this year.

Image details:

• L: 14 x 3 minutes, gain 0, -30 C
  • RGB 6 x 5 minutes (each), gain 0, -30 C
  • total integration time: 2.2 hours

Processed in PixInsight

(Gear as per my signature.)

Very nice, interesting and unnusual image Wim. You are obviously keeping up your processing skills over our bright summer. I should get onto it soon but I have taken a break to enjoy the fantastic early summer we have now here in Sweden. 30°C here today. I have some stuff to process when the normal rainy summer weather returns.

33 minutes ago, MikeODay said:

Great image Wim - thanks for sharing this unusual and detailed view.  

Thanks Mike. I'm constantly trying to find new angles in (sometimes) familiar objects. Having a small chip with a somewhat large focal length, forces me to look for details.

4 hours ago, Rodd said:

a master mosaic

That depends on what you mean by "master". :smiley:

With my fov, I need at least 6 panels to cover the same area as your Tak/asi combination. x 5 hrs per panel, that's a big chunk of available imaging nights per season.

5 hours ago, wimvb said:

That depends on what you mean by "master". :smiley:

With my fov, I need at least 6 panels to cover the same area as your Tak/asi combination. x 5 hrs per panel, that's a big chunk of available imaging nights per season.

Another good example of why multiple rig imaging would be effective.  (either that or an orbiting satellite.  Which reminds me, OPT (s supplier in the states, is partnering with another company to put satellites in orbit with 6" RCs for public use--kind of like DSW.  I think that would be amazing.  Talk about a guiding nightmare.

Rodd 

Archived