Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

GRS Visible now!

Stu

GRS looks to be pretty much bang on central meridian right now. Was going for an early night but just going to have a quick look now.

ISS heading over too :) 

Nice transit tonight. Belt contrast better against the twilight sky. Interesting observing the dark edge to the SEB and how it loops around the GRS.

Some other nice sights as well this evening - I've made a few posts about them :smiley:

Me too ?.  A gap in the clouds gave me an opportunity from 9.45 to 10.35pm to see the GRS transit.  Seeing not great, but easy to see in better moments of seeing including the dark edge round the SEB mentioned by John. NEB strikingly darker than the SEB and more 'ragged' looking.  Used the Astro-Tech 102ED with binoviewer and a pair of Baader Mk 111s.  Also looked at gibbous Venus going down in the West.

I just couldn’t get myself motivated after a long day of decorating...... I feel like I have been on the rack ? especially my legs. The weight of the Vixen HR and the Tak TOE would have been too much ?

Archived