iPeace

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Saganite said:

XW......XW.......XW, Mike !

You know it makes sense. 

I'll be more than happy to do your shopping :grin:

There's another sly one who's been and played the 'finite availability' card, so the XW shouldn't wait long. But it won't stop there. I'll be in touch. :smiley:

23 hours ago, John said:

Strange to think that I didn't get along with the mighty and venerated Leica ASPH zoom

...and oddly coincidental that you should raise this point just now; while recently away on holiday, I was ogling the Leica Zoom in the classifieds; very close to going for it but kept thinking of your fairly recent trials. I even almost PM'd you for advice, but then I figured you'd already shared all I needed to know.

:icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, iPeace said:

...and oddly coincidental that you should raise this point just now; while recently away on holiday, I was ogling the Leica Zoom in the classifieds; very close to going for it but kept thinking of your fairly recent trials. I even almost PM'd you for advice, but then I figured you'd already shared all I needed to know.

:icon_biggrin:

I've been looking at the the Leica Zoom on UK AB&S and decided against it for the same reason, hope this doesn't mean that people will be put off from buying this Zoom.

Avtar

15 minutes ago, iPeace said:

It's very lovely indeed. 7mm and 3.5mm incoming; 5mm back-ordered (should be a week or two). :icon_biggrin:

I take it from the above order then you are liking the XW ?

Great move. I had my 7XW in the OOuk the other night on Jupiter. And it was one of the best view's I have had of Jupiter. The shorter focal range of XW are just such a good all rounder. And with the constant rumours that some of the XW series may be stopped being made. Then IMO an eyepiece that is a must for fans of ortho sharpness, but with a wide fov and great eye relief. And on top of this the XW do seem to perform so well in most scopes.

Shame Pentax has pulled out of the astronomy market. Would have made the subject of this thread interesting if we had a new, slimmed down XW range - XF sized - to take on Delites. Industry is much poorer (though TeleVue much richer) for it.

I wonder if it is more to do with Ricoh, who now own the Pentax division which produces the XW's ?

If Ricoh don't feel that the astro market is important then who knows what will happen ?

Archived