Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APM HDC - XWA 100° and 110° Eyepieces

DRT

I was alerted to the existence of these eyepieces in another thread tonight and for the price they look extremely tempting.

Has anyone compared these EPs to the equivalent TV Ethos focal lengths?

How do they perform in an F4 Dob?

I think these are the same as the Lunt 100 degree eyepieces Derek. The latest runs seem to have beeen branded APM rather than Lunt. I've not compared them to Ethos equivalents but others here have and found they compared extremely well. At F/4 coma correction will be needed to get the best out of any 100 degree eyepiece I feel.

If I had not got my Ethos's quite some time back, I would strongly be considering the APM 100's. The new price of the Ethos eyepieces is really, really steep :rolleyes2:

The 20mm Lunt is sharp for a hyper wide... it gives excellent performance on galaxies and on some nebula squeaks by the 21E...

I don't like hyperwides for lunar/planetary- just me- so I use other eyepieces, including orthos. Pentax XW's, TV Delites would be nice as would the deal of the century, Vixen SLV's. If you can stand the 50 deg apparent field I would buy SLV's, no question. The Baader zoom is a one stop solution though- lots of choices.

Archived