Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This is mosaic. Data collected with my 150PL using an ASI120MC, an x3 barlow, Baader IR & UV cut filter and a ZWO ADC.

I did 30 1-minute runs for Jupiter, processed in PIPP, AS!3, Astra Image, Winjupos and Astra image again then photoshop. Despite my scope only being 6" aperture I was pleased to get a bit of detail within the red spot, especially as the seeing was foul, although focus seems to have been spot on.

I was able to get Europa and Io from one of the videos. Io was so yellow I had to desaturate it a bit!

I did separate runs for Callisto and Ganymede.

I used a base image of Jupiter, Io and Europa to place the finished planet and two moons, and Stellarium as a guide to placing Callisto and Ganymede. This was done in Photoshop with a x2 resampled image, downsampled again once finished.

All the moons were processed the same as Jupiter up to the Astra Image stage.

I had to do a bit of playing with levels and gamma to get the moons balanced with the planet, as everything had been stretched to 85% making the moons over-bright.

So here it is:

676805222_JupiterFamily.thumb.png.e525a7ba6e616b7c8fb4fcef4d01b417.png

And a key image from Stellarium:

image.thumb.png.66a72b09356ece2c2d238f33b8dd7f82.png

Archived