Narrowband

Where am I, Vol 1

Rodd

3 hours ago, Rodd said:

Wow.  That's about the best LRGB image I've seen or this target.  And that means the first image you posted was Lum?  Even more impressive.

Riodd

Thanks Rodd. No this a combination of ha from my Asi 1600 and rgb from a osc Asi 071. 10 hrs total and converted to greyscale as i thought the colour would give it away.

Details here 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, HunterHarling said:

Double cluster?

12 minutes ago, Rodd said:

That's what I said before I scrolled down to see that H already guessed it.

Rodd

Well done, guys. Too easy? Anyway, your turn H.

double_cluster.thumb.jpg.0fe40784ffc49829e16867644e839869.jpg

4 minutes ago, HunterHarling said:

Yep. Do I lose my telescope now???

No, but it's your turn again.

Are the images too easy, or are we spending too much time in the imaging sections?

5 hours ago, wimvb said:

No, but it's your turn again.

Are the images too easy, or are we spending too much time in the imaging sections?

I think they have been a bit on the easy side.  Here is one that I call the smiley face.  I wonder if anyone else has spotted it.  Again, the crop was saved at 1:1 scale, but the page appears to have enlarged it a bit.

Rodd

RGB-crop.jpg.e694d304ca441aff6934b31ae7e100db.jpg

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

I think they have been a bit on the easy side

Or maybe Ha regions have certain characteristics besides their main point if interest, such as the dark dust patches in the elephant trunk nebula, or their absence in the cone nebula.

The latest one is a lot more difficult though. Asterisms can basically be anywhere in the night sky.

My guess: in the neighbourhood of M33 (I remember you spent quite some time on that image).

5 hours ago, wimvb said:

Or maybe Ha regions have certain characteristics besides their main point if interest, such as the dark dust patches in the elephant trunk nebula, or their absence in the cone nebula.

The latest one is a lot more difficult though. Asterisms can basically be anywhere in the night sky.

My guess: in the neighbourhood of M33 (I remember you spent quite some time on that image).

Good guess but no.  This particular asterism is fairly close to a DSO.  It stood out when I imaged the target.  It was very prominent to me quite hard to miss.

Rodd

12 hours ago, Rodd said:

I think they have been a bit on the easy side.  Here is one that I call the smiley face.  I wonder if anyone else has spotted it.  Again, the crop was saved at 1:1 scale, but the page appears to have enlarged it a bit.

Rodd

RGB-crop.jpg.e694d304ca441aff6934b31ae7e100db.jpg

Upper right.

46 minutes ago, wimvb said:

My turn again?

Some time ago I joined the Ha league. This was first light. Not the best conditions, and I still needed to dial in the best camera settings.

detail.jpg.c4a359b3b9a7170450cdc4a11aaa5c43.jpg

Talk about hard

Archived