Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beautiful Prominence

Sunshine

52 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Theres a great prom morphing as i write this, for all you Ha observers just a heads up!

Thanks very much for this, prompted me to stop my chores and pop the PST mod out for a quick look before bathing the short person.

Lovely prom, will check back later. Unusually the seeing and transparency are pretty good so I could use higher power. Bit sweaty under my hood though! Need a fan under there to stop everything listing up!

FF2546A9-51E1-4C84-A933-C973BBA51B11.jpeg

Guest chaz2b

Hi, I've only just started solar viewing and today, I observed my first promenance.   It wasn't large but was sited around the one o'clock position. My current set up is a Orion rich field 80mm,with a Bader B400 and a Daystar ERF on the front. A lot of my neighbours are enjoying the views it's giving, but alas no spots, quite quiet till the promenance turned up.

DSC_0175.JPG

Guest chaz2b

Now this is the just a first attempt at afocal picture with my phone cam, so please forgive me, but I'd really like to know what you used to aquire yours.

Archived