Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron AstroMaster 90EQ, Dec. Slow Motion Cable bolt damaged

Krisko

Hello everyone!
Today i  removed this bolt

IMG_20180527_122631497.thumb.jpg.8e25027675a3f6ca444c9ef726ce1e97.jpg

IMG_20180527_122625019.thumb.jpg.61f86483ea88ab6555070852854aea4e.jpg

But now, i cant put it back.I tried with wrench, and the bolt thread started to get damaged.  A lot of effort is required to put it back ... , and i think there must be another way , not with brute force..

Im asking for your help , to navigate me how to solve this annoying problem :)
Thank you in advance!

This gearing has a limited travel before needing resetting. You will be having to overcome the spring pressure while you try to replace the bolt. It might be worth trying to back off the control handle by rotating it anti-clockwise as far as it will go, this could reduce the spring pressure. If you have damaged the threads during your attempts they will need carefull filing to clen them up. They are fine threads and can easily get cross threaded. Why did you remove it ?

1 hour ago, Peter Drew said:

This gearing has a limited travel before needing resetting. You will be having to overcome the spring pressure while you try to replace the bolt. It might be worth trying to back off the control handle by rotating it anti-clockwise as far as it will go, this could reduce the spring pressure. If you have damaged the threads during your attempts they will need carefull filing to clen them up. They are fine threads and can easily getThis gearing has a limited travel before needing resetting. You will be having to overcome the spring pressure while you try to replace the bolt. It might be worth trying to back off the control handle by rotating it anti-clockwise as far as it will go, this could reduce the spring pressure. If you have damaged the threads during your attempts they will need carefull filing to clen them up. They are fine threads and can easily get cross threaded. Why did you remove it ? cross threaded. Why did you remove it ?

I dont know why i remove it.. , i was curious ... ? mm i will try with screwdriver to put it back . When i remove the control handle , it is easy to screw up the bolt back , but after that i cant screw up the control handle, because the spring has not shrunk.

P.S bolt threads are fine , i damaged the hole threads , where the bolt is screwing

Archived