Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

well last night was a complete disaster from start to finish!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well success i have used both cdc and stellarium to sync star alignment have to be honest stellarium scope needed to be setup and restart stellarium a couple of times but cdc no issues at all so thats that sorted next i want to try plate solving need some dummy files 

15 minutes ago, Wirral man said:

your a star thanks will try it thanks

just had a thought before i try this will it work as i have set up astro tortilla just for my camera which gives a different fov to the sample you sent 

17 minutes ago, Wirral man said:

astro tortilla

Ah. I thought you were using APT which has its own -easy to use- plate solving interface. Maybe worth considering using that rather than introducing yet another piece of software? In APT you can choose cameras on the fly. JTOL and HTH.

well not going well using apt i click on point craft select objects i have the test image loaded up on the screen when i click solve it says it cant find plate solver 2 which is downloaded and have entered the correct path to folder so ???

31 minutes ago, Wirral man said:

well not going well using apt i click on point craft select objects i have the test image loaded up on the screen when i click solve it says it cant find plate solver 2 which is downloaded and have entered the correct path to folder so ???

And you have downloaded the correct catalogue files too...??

Ok, I've just tested this. Lets make sure Platesolver is working. Save the below image to your desktop. Its M57 in fits format. Open up Platesolver on its own. Open the file in Platesolver. In the RA and Dec boxes type the approx position of M57. So RA 18 50 30, Dec 33 00 00. Hit plate match and you should get the correct result. If that works then we know Platesolver is working.

Single__0002_ISO800_30s__24C_2018-05-26_23-59-26.fit

Ok. Platesolving on its own works. Great. Now we need to look at APT. Go to the settings tab in Pointcraft. You need to make sure the directory path points APT to Platesolve 2.28. See below. I put the whole Platesolve folder into the same one as all my astro images. Within that folder, I also put the UCAC3 folders. So you should have a path something like below. Remember though, if you move the folder now you will have to correct the directory path from withing Platesolve 2.28 as well.

Untitled4.png

no i have deleted the whole effing lot going to start again so with platesolve 2 i have to download all 3 files ie application, apm,uch.. and place them all in one folder then open point craft and assign the path 

Archived