Narrowband

2018-05-24 - Crater "Kies"

N3ptune

My vacation is almost over but I had a good time and did astronomy on 4 occasions in 7 days, which is very good for a week! (;  It was all about Venus, Jupiter, the moon, and one observation out of 4 were done with my new Orthoscopic 6mm which I received by mail. À Great end of vacation gift! :icon_king:

I spent some time attempting to sketch of a few craters, the pale and one is called "kies" It's close to larger crater Bullialdus in the Mare Nubium. This was of course a perfect exercise with my new OR-HD 6mm @ 167x total power the resolution was impressive. Also an observation the same day I received the eyepiece, it's double the joy. ??

pzTDroX.jpg?1

I wanted to have a simple scene and from time to time, a low contrast crater is fun to look at, the 2H pencil was used extensively in this sketch, it was very pale (and still is), I even had to adjust the "level" a bit in Gimp.

200x1000 Newtonian from 167x, no filter.

ENwfT61.jpg

I hope you like this one!

Thanks for looking.

7 hours ago, N3ptune said:

My vacation is almost over but I had a good time and did astronomy on 4 occasions in 7 days, which is very good for a week!

Sounds like a great vacation, great sketch, you really captured some depth in it.

Thanks for you kind comment on this small sketch, really appreciated. @mikeDnight I should get back to the terminator line soon to produce something with more details more shades and use the darker pencils a bit more!

?

has soon has I can.

Thank Ronl for the kind comment on my sketch, I am glad you find it well captured ?. For unknown reasons, I like that one, It's the result of me thinking small and simple. Small and simple but there was a result at the end of the day.  ?

Yessss!

Archived