SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 4945 ZWO ASI 071 Pro

Benklerk

NGC 4945 is a barred spiral galaxy in the constellation Centaurus, visible near the star Xi Centauri. NGC 4945 is about 13 million light-years away.

GSO 6" RC
HEQ5 Pro Belt mod
ZWO ASI 071 Pro
15 x 10min

NGC 4945.jpg

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Benklerk said:

Gain 0

Offset 10

-15C

Thanks for you answer !!!!   As I said, I´m new with this camera and I haven´t use it because of the weather.  I´m planning to use Sequence Generator Pro, 3 and 5 min lights.   In the new ASCOM driver from ZWO Unity Gain settings are Gain 90, Offset 65.  In your opinion/experience are suitable for DSO?  Why did you choose Gain 0, Offset 10?    Sorry to ask but I´ve been searching all over the web/forums and haven´t found information.

1 hour ago, Eduardo Enrique said:

Thanks for you answer !!!!   As I said, I´m new with this camera and I haven´t use it because of the weather.  I´m planning to use Sequence Generator Pro, 3 and 5 min lights.   In the new ASCOM driver from ZWO Unity Gain settings are Gain 90, Offset 65.  In your opinion/experience are suitable for DSO?  Why did you choose Gain 0, Offset 10?    Sorry to ask but I´ve been searching all over the web/forums and haven´t found information.

I live in dark area so I can get maximum dynamic range but the trade off is higher read noise. But as for a starting point. Unity gain is fine, but it comes down to how close you live to a city or town. If you live to close your images will be washed out at 5min lights.  Have a look at this. https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/590093-suggested-sub-exposure-tables-for-asi071mc-c-and-qhy168c/

Archived