Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Noctilucent Clouds – a beginners guide

A nice guide and a good timely reminder Jeremy. Thanks for prompting as I’d not realised we’d reached the season again. Wondered if I spotted my first NLC last year and I’m keen to see whether any appear this year. They are indeed a nice pursuit in mid summer. Wide field binos at the ready! ?

Nice guide to these elusive clouds. According to some sources they have just started to appear, within the last couple of days.

I had a few false sightings, before a confirmed sight. When you do finally see them, you realise that they are unmistakable. I couldn't stop smiling and found it hard to concentrate on the road, due to the amazing view in the sky. Truly stunning!

I was only reading about these last night in the Philips Sky Atlas, but this little guide has all the right info needed.  Thanks..  I will look forward to spotting some of these...

• 1 month later...

Archived