Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lindy CROMO USB Cables

We've been searching for a range of good quality, reasonably priced, reliable USB cables for some time now. We had hoped to be able to produce a custom cable but have not been able to get the quality / pricing / quantities right and we don't think people will want to pay £70+ for a USB cable, regardless of how good it is!

In the meantime, we've noticed a number of astronomers using the Lindy CROMO premium range of cables as well as some camera manufacturers now supplying these with their camera. We have used them ourselves and have been impressed at the quality and reliability of these cables at a reasonable price.

Today we received our first batch of Lindy USB cables!

lindy_cromo_usb3_a-b_1.jpg

Initially, we will be stocking a range of lengths of:

If there are any other sizes or types of Lindy cables you think we should stock, or any of their other products you think would be useful to fellow astronomers, please let us know :)

45 minutes ago, Redscouse said:

USB A to Micro B = Raspberry Pi. 

Noted :)

44 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

I use Lindy RS232 cables and they are much better quality than the usual rubbish where the retaining clip breaks off after a couple of months.

Dave

Also noted :)

Not sure how much of demand there would be, but I get through a fair number of Micro-B to Mini-B (tablet to DSLR) also referred to as  USB OTG Cable.

They are getting quite hard to find.

I just bought recently an USB 3.0 hub with a type B input connector. I like them much more compared to the micro B.

I don't need one anymore now, but it could be useful for others. Could you also find and sell some nice USB hubs?

Great move, they are super cables and pretty well all I use for USB3.

Not sure if Lindy do them, but worth a check for some short mini B to Mini B for SX and ASI camera hubs to OAG cameras etc. 

Move over Amazon, my new cable stockist has arrived :thumbright:

How do they perform in cold weather (< -15 C)? Standard cables are about as flexible as a broomstick during winter. I've started replacing power leads with silicone leads, but so far haven't found a replacement for usb and eqdir cables.

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

How do they perform in cold weather (< -15 C)? Standard cables are about as flexible as a broomstick during winter. I've started replacing power leads with silicone leads, but so far haven't found a replacement for usb and eqdir cables.

FLO sell lynx silicone eqdirect cable superb build I have one highly recommend and fdti .

7 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

FLO sell lynx silicone eqdirect cable superb build I have one highly recommend and fdti .

Can only find the ordinary cable with plastic insulation.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-mounts/lynx-astro-ftdi-eqdir-usb-adapter-for-sky-watcher-eq5-pro-heq5-syntrek-pro-az-eq5-gt-az-eq6-gt-and-eq8-mounts.html

Got that already, also gets quite stiff in low temperatures.

I have used them down to -8 and they have been perfect.

I mount my USB Hub on the side of my mount, then shortened my EQdir cable to about 8" as there is no flex required, might be worth looking at that, any cables that connect to the hub are kept as short as possible and I have just have draping three cable, one for my camera, another for the guide camera and one to the hub.

3 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

Doh my mistake , drop @flo an email see if they can get it made in silicone cable ?

There is a US vendor, but £££££. I've thought of making my own from silicone rj45 ethernet cable and a ftdi chip. Btw, I think they get the message tomorrow when they check what's going on on sgl. ?

9 hours ago, Jkulin said:

I have used them down to -8 and they have been perfect

It's the 8 C below that where the problems start. The plastic hardens to the point where it gets brittle, and you have to be really careful when handling them. Even if they don't break, they can develope micro cracks where moisture can get in during warmer periods.

Archived