Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  

COMPLETED - WITHDRAWN - Tele Vue 41mm Panoptic

Mint, only taken out of box. Bought from Telescope House a few months ago. Paracorr 2 setting H

£399 including Royal Mail next day, signed, tracked. Bank xfer or Paypal friends.

Photos following....

Edited by 25585

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By StarGazingSiouxsie
      Hello there  
      My budget for eyepieces is $1,000. 

I started off thinking I would get a Celestron eyepiece kit for about $200, for example. After trying a few out, I soon realised that I wanted eyepieces of higher quality. My mindset is that I'm investing $2,000 in my telescope, a Celestron 9.25 SCT, and I want to be able to extract from that scope the very best views that I can.

Wishlist - 
      I'm looking to buy 3 eyepieces maximum (not including a Barlow)
      Ideally - if possible - I would like to get eyepieces that I can use on both my telescopes, but my priority is toward the 9.25" as that is the bigger investment.
      Both my telescopes have 1.25" barrels.
      * Cassie - A Celestron Newtonian. Aperture = 130mm, FL = 650mm, FR = f5  Max useable magnification between 250x and 307x    
      * The Cubble Space Telescope - A Celestron SCT. Aperture = 235mm FL = 2350mm, FR = f10  Max useable magnification between 460x and 550x 
      I don't feel comfortable spending more than about $300 on each eyepiece
      I want these eyepieces to last as long as possible. I try to look after thinbgs if I can.
      Decent eye relief if possible
      I will purchase a Barlow separately
      Field of view - something 60% + 

Usage - 
      My observing will be probably 80% solar system planets & moon, 20% deeper sky objects
      I'm not that in atsrophotogarphy. I have a little Celestron NexImage 10 with which I am hoping to make some videos and stacked images of Jupiter, Saturn and detailed imaging of Pluto (  ) 
      I really just want the WOW factor right now. Enjoying the thrill of Saturn;s rings, tracking Jupiter's 4 main moons, detailed lunar observing etc. 

Questions -  
      So what would be your suggestions or advice, please? 
      I have been looking at the Tele Vue Delos & Delite range.  The Nagler range looks nice but I'm note sure if I need 82' field of view. A bit pricey, too. 
      Explore Scientific's offerings are a possibilty.
      What's the deal with zoom eyepieces? Does that mean you can have an eyepiece that will do the job, for example, of a 6mm, 7mm, 8mm and 9mm eyepiece all in one? Is there a trade off?? What's the catch?? 
      Regarding Barlows, I was thinking of just keeping it simple and getting a decent 2x lens without spending crazy money. Something in the $150 range. Or would I need a high end Barlow to complement the better eyepieces I am hoping for??? 

Overall, I'm looking for 2 or 3 eyepieces and 1 Barlow with a $1,000 budget. Any thoughts, ideas, advice or opinions all gratefully received, thank you. 
    • By astronomer2002
      I thought my eyepiece collection was complete until I bought my "last ever" telescope. This operates at a native F8 and is just over 3250mm fl.
      I have the longer Naglers, 31, 26, 22, 17 etc and  35mm, 27mm Panoptics.  I was always a little disappointed with the kidney-beaning in the Naglers in other telescopes, though they were overall better than any other eyepiece I have used, but in this one they seem to be affected less and even the 26mm  is now a keeper. Before I got the Naglers (over many years all s/h) I had 35, 27 and 19 Panoptics. These were my favorite eyepieces until the Naglers came along. I kept the 35mm as stars seemed a little sharper in the inner 50 degrees than the Naglers, but trailed off in the outer regions and the 27mm as it really is an exceptional eyepiece.  In any case I often wanted to darken the sky with higher magnification so the longest ones were primarily used for sweeping and finding. Given sky brightness is becoming more of an issue I thought I would never need a longer focal length. Now the Naglers seem sharper over the entire view and with the higher magnification of a longer scope the sky is darker and I hanker after the widest possible field.
      The issue is that the 82 degree 31mm Nagler gives me a true fov of 0.78 degrees and the 35 mm Panoptic 0.73 degrees. There is noticeably more sky in the 31mm Nagler. A 41mm Panoptic will yield 0.85 degrees, an improvement of nearly 10% over the Nagler 31. As I can readily see the difference in the amount of sky covered by the 31mm Nagler and the 35mm Panoptic I believe the time to look at a 41mm Panoptic is here.
      Before going into a debate on whether ES eyepieces could fill the slot all I can say is that having been able to compare my old Naglers with new 82 degree ES ones in my scopes I and convinced that, for me, there is a small improvement with the Naglers at the outer regions of the field and so I am minded to discount them. They are fantastic value and I won't deny they are very good eyepieces.
      The 41mm Panoptic would seem fit the bill for this long fl scope though I suspect it would be a disaster in a fast Newtonian, which I also have.
      My quest is to find someone willing to part with theirs and/or suggestions of an alternative that someone has used in practice.
      Thankyou for reading

Ian B

• By Uplooker
      Tele Vue 8mm Radian in excellent condition. No marks on optics or barrel. Comes with both end caps, original box, instructions, pupil guide and Tele Vue sticker.
      The “Instadjust” eyeguard housing works smoothly and holds firm.
      Only selling to UK buyers.
      Selling for £110, including Royal Mail Special Delivery.
      I will accept payment via PayPal as gift or buyer pays fees or bank transfer.
      Happy to provide more photos on request. 
      Selling as I am just not using it and to fund further purchases.

• By Neil27
      Televue Panoptic 35mm eye piece for sale.
      Really needs no introduction - these are the original 'space walk' eye pieces and this is in very good condition.
      Slight 'ding' mark to the side of the barrel and the usual rub marks - optically superb as you would expect.
      Comes with end caps and box (not original).
      These are £380 brand new, price is £200 including P&P - offers welcome.
      Any questions then please contact me.
      Usual payments accepted, PayPal, bank transfer and cheque.

• By 25585
      I use the TV Panoramic mount with my Genesis. Bought both together & they are excellent grab & go. 
      So as my Skytee 2 is too heavy for tucking under an arm & I like scope in or on top mounts, I am considering a fork mount for my fracs, of which the 120 Equinox is bulkiest and heaviest. 
      The only maker I can find for fork mounts for scopes (others for binoculars) is Tele Vue, & their Gibraltar 5. They seem to come with a star finder gadget which may be good being for TV. 
      So does anyone here use a TV Gibraltar for any size of scope, & can advise on its pros & cons including the star finder?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.