Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My over the top colour processing of the Theophilus, Cyrillus, Catharina, and Mare Nectaris region. This is a mosaic of 4 images taken with the Celestron C8 and ASI224MC. The 4000-frame stacks were preprocessed in PIPP, stacked in AS!3, and the colour balance restored in RS6. I sharpened each image in ImPPG, and combined each sharpened (grey scale ) image with the RGB output of RS6 in FITSwork4. I then stitched the results in MS-ICE, and boosted the saturation in GIMP mulitple times, and did some colour noise suppression in FITSwork4  in between boosts. Finally, I recombined the highly colourful result with the sharpened and stretched ImPPG processed version of the original mosaic as an LRGB image in FITSwork. 

Moon_230911_pipp_lapl4_ap270-cb_out_2_stitch_2_stretch_sat5_3.thumb.jpg.2fc8c1aef7f2a8b9ac8d71a65238e611.jpg

Best seen at full resolution as usual

Archived