Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

20,000 not out.....

Stu

No idea how it happened, but this will be my 20,000th post. That’s an awful lot of nonsense typed ;) 

So, this is a big thank you to everyone on the forum who makes this such a fabulous place to be, and for continuing to drive my learning and interest in the hobby even when the clouds seem to go on forever!

Ain’t SGL great? :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stu said:

No idea how it happened, but this will be my 20,000th post.

Congrats Stu.

Is that you in your new Avatar? Didn't you use to have a moustache and wear a waiter's jacket?

6 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Congrats Stu.

Is that you in your new Avatar? Didn't you use to have a moustache and wear a waiter's jacket?

Yes, I decided to shave and have a change of career, my boss at that place was a bit of a nutter ;), although who knows, I may go back :) 

This one is me observing the sun with head stuck in the wrong end of a top to help the contrast, somewhere around there is another silly picture of me from the outside.

On 24/05/2018 at 06:15, Stu said:

es, I decided to shave and have a change of career, my boss at that place was a bit of a nutter ;), although who knows, I may go back :) 

This one is me observing the sun with head stuck in the wrong end of a top to help the contrast, somewhere around there is another silly picture of me from the outside.

I must say, I do like it when people you photos of themselves in Avatars - it creates much more of a feeling that we are part of a community at SGL. A bit like going to an astronomy club meeting - after all, we don't ear masks there (although some might prefer it if I did ?). This holds even more for using real names.

3 hours ago, JeremyS said:

I must say, I do like it when people you photos of themselves in Avatars - it creates much more of a feeling that we are part of a community at SGL. A bit like going to an astronomy club meeting - after all, we don't ear masks there (although some might prefer it if I did ?). This holds even more for using real names.

Whats wrong with masks?. Its better that the face i was born with.lol

3 hours ago, Saganite said:

Congratulations on 20K Stu.:headbang2:

Always worth reading straight and honest opinions.

Thanks Steve, I’ll take that as a positive? ;) :) 

3 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

I didn't realize just how much you rattle on Stu. I bet your good lady doesn't get a word in edge wise, poor lass! Still, it wouldn't be the same without you!! ?

That’s why I type on here Mike, she doesn’t realise I’m talking over her :) :) 

8 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

Congratulations! 20,000 well spent. I remember that a first 1,000 seemed to take ages.   ?

Thanks Peter, appreciated. Yes, now I can remember being on 4000 and it seems like yesterday though!

If I haven't said so already - congratulations and I agree with the other posts here - good stuff posted.  And thank you for all your moderating.  People like you make SGL great ?

25 minutes ago, Gina said:

If I haven't said so already - congratulations and I agree with the other posts here - good stuff posted.  And thank you for all your moderating.  People like you make SGL great ?

Thank you Gina, appreciated :) 

Archived