Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What are you doing to fill these short summer nights?

dannybgoode

Lunar, esp. as twilight approaches - enjoying mild conditions.  Struggling intermittently with Special and General Relativity.  But mostly, going round in circles over 'scope no. 3 - solid tube, or truss; 10 inch or 12 inch; S/W, Bresser, OO, Meade......aarghh!

Doug.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My skyliner retires for the Summer months, the night sky is just too bright here. Anything I see now will be through the wide field binoculars.
Astronomy wise,What to do? I have many un-read books to read, there's the wonderful Stellarium to play with and much browsing here in the lounge.
Also lucky that my present  setup is complete, really nothing else to buy? just limited in use due to the time of the Year, so effectively just a short break from observing, except the Moon, and a chance to update and follow some of my other and varied hobbies.

Still waiting for Sky Safari 6 Pro to get an Android release. I wish it had a DVD version as Stellarium has. 

There is always the Moon. Different but lovely in the day. It has a more ethereal image. 

It's nice to go for walks and find new clear areas with no foliage and lights, and plan for night time visits there. 

But folks, enjoy the summer! Life does not & should not orbit around astronomy exclusively!

I want to take the time to learn how to guide my scope using a laptop and software. I have Skyhound but I am not to excited about the product perhaps there are others out there, if you have a suggestion let me know! Thanks.

Just witnessed the ISS (Zarya) fly past 'over' the Moon! so there's always something to see ?

Moon is just above my Southerly tree line, Jupiter just dived below, therefore probably my shortest session ever!

Archived