Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece Storage - Bolt Cases?

Hi,

Does anyone know, or can anyone point me at a site, in the UK, where you can buy bolt cases, for storing eyepieces in? I can find US sites that sell them but no-one in the UK so far.

Thanks

Pete

On 23/05/2018 at 06:15, Philip R said:

As per @Cornelius Varley above. AstroBoot orders now are dispatched from Sweden. Orders normally arrive in two weeks. So if you like stamp collecting... it's a good way to build up your Swedish stamp pages. I wish I had. :thumbsup:

2027003339_188510redull-rose2.thumb.jpg.716616ef06439117528fe29d08437d7d.jpg

I'm after a pair too.

I purchased some off eBay last week for a pair of RKE 28s but they are a tad too small.

The astroboot option looks great.

Well.....it was until i got to the checkout part.

£9 p & p !!    For 2 plastic bolt cases weighing only a couple of hundred grammes !!

Not happy ?

1 hour ago, rwilkey said:

To be honest, I think you are better off buying from the States, as I have always done, at least you can calculate the best size to suit your individual needs.  I always use AgenaAstro here: https://agenaastro.com/bolt-case-specifications-and-compatibility.html

Robin, that is a useful link and chart.

Archived