SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

After a good amount of time, i started doing astro again!

I am considering ti get my 1300D/T6 modded (full spcetrum)

I want to use that with Astronomik cls clip in filter 

What to expect if i dont use any uv/ir filters? All rolling with 50 1.8 stm lens, does that lens got uv/ir filter on it?

For a full spectrum modded camera, you really should use a IR filter for anything other than IR imaging... the IR light will be picked up and it focuses at a slightly different focal point so it will soften your images. Alternatively, if you're trying to pick up IR than you'll need a IRPass filter and adjust focus for it.

1 minute ago, MarsG76 said:

For a full spectrum modded camera, you really should use a IR filter for anything other than IR imaging... the IR light will be picked up and it focuses at a slightly different focal point so it will soften your images. Alternatively, if you're trying to pick up IR than you'll need a IRPass filter and adjust focus for it.

This hobby is freaking me out..only spend spend spend spend lol

Just now, serbiadarksky said:

This hobby is freaking me out..only spend spend spend spend lol

The good news is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel... I've collected the gear I wanted and use, and after spending a small fortune, I really don't need anything else... just play with and mod what I have.

Later on I'll perhaps get a cooled CCD/CMOS camera, but i'll put that off until I cool my 40D and have no improvememnt to my imaging (or kill it while cooling modding).

Outside of that, its sell old gear and upgrade every 10 years.

Archived