Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using William Optics ZS61 for visual

Morning folks,

I got a William Optics ZS61 recently (well in January but the weather has not been kind) so on my first outing I took my camera as well as some eye pieces as I read it was ok for visual.

Try as I might I could not achieve focus with any eye piece I had or with a barlow attached either.

Is it possible and I was doing it wrong or should I stick to imaging?

Which leads me nicely on to a sensible but reasonaby priced mount for it.

I have a Star Adventurer and the ZS61 mounted on my medium duty tripod, along with my DSLR it didnt really like it,  any recommendations on a sensible but portable mount, I tend to bung it in my campervan and find a nice dark layby to do my astro

Thanks

that sounds frustrating! Hope you get it sorted, I'm sure theres people using it for visual out there. Surprised that you are struggling with a DSLR ZO61 combo on your tripod - that probably comed in about 3kg max? what tripod are you using?

Lots use the 61 with a S.A... are you using the L bracket and counterweight bar?.. also the shoe on the 61 is quite short..maybe needs a longer dovetail for balance..with regards to the focus problem it prob needs a diagonal or a extension as my ZS80 does for both visual and imaging

26 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Lots use the 61 with a S.A... are you using the L bracket and counterweight bar?.. also the shoe on the 61 is quite short..maybe needs a longer dovetail for balance..with regards to the focus problem it prob needs a diagonal or a extension as my ZS80 does for both visual and imaging

Ah will try it with a diagonal, I have one of those.

as for the S.A I am using the L bracket and counterweight I think my tripod is just wobbly! Also my camera is 800g without a lens too

Archived