Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best way to process prominences?

michaelmorris

After a break from Ha solar imaging that has been WAY to long, on Saturday I took advantage of the fine weather to capture series of AVIs on a nice group of prominences.  It's been quite a while since I took Ha images so can someone please educate me on what technique is now considered the best way of stacking and processing solar prominences?

Thanks

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

Pipp to sort the best frames and registax 6 or AS2 to stax them, i find i get my best results from registax on proms and AS2 for ARs. i look forward to seeing your pics. charl. 

Interesting, I used to find the same thing but since using AS!3 I don't feel the need for Reg any more (in both Ca-K and Ha).

17 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks David, i havnt tryed AS3 yet, thanks for the tip mate. charl.

AS3 is worth a go... I use it without issues and the processing speed is improved significantly.

After David's AS3 suggestion (above), I downloaded it yesterday for a go at a capture from last week.

It seems to work well and is much faster that AS2.  I like it.

Thanks David.

Clear Skies

Archived