Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

John

More Excellent Lunar Viewing

I got out on Tuesday night and had moments of great clarity between a very turbulent atmosphere.
The Vallis Alps was one of my lingered over target.

Rimmus Hyginus was interestingly showing good detail, if I have the name right, a nice hores shoe shaped feature.
Its in Nicks image, 1/3 in from left, 1/3 down from top.

IMG_1395.JPG.6eede27658d2e4b99e1082f1b08ed6e6.JPG

(credit to Cotterless45 for this image)

Nice views and very enjoyable in my 150mm f5 Newt, very comfortable too.

You just have to love Lunar observation ?

• Like 2

Nice thread... I'm enjoying my new Lunar observing sessions. It means I can started before it gets dark so maximises my observing hours! I have to say that the new fascination is partly down to obtaining a copy of the 21st Century Moon Atlas (Wood and Collins) mentioned earlier in the thread, and highly recommended!

Last night I tested out my new ZWO camera for some live viewing... I also took quite a few videos and single frame shots... I really enjoyed the experience.

I was thinking of putting an example of the first images on here, but when I opened the thread I saw those amazing pics...... Feeling like I have lots to learn I suddenly noticed that the said pics were from NASA ? Don't feel so bad now so here's a copy of a shot of the Apennine Mountains... I had better get onto the imaging threads and learn all about this stacking malarkey! 

ASICAP_2018-06-22_21_33_00_082.png

• Like 1