Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ha solar filters

15 minutes ago, bish said:

Hello all,

I’ve toying with getting s PST but do have a 70mm frac I could put a filter on. What are the best options? Assume they are all expensive!

Thanks

Other than a PST mod probably the " cheapest " option is a Quark on your 70mm frac, FLO will be stocking them soon so don't rush into buying one just yet.

Dave

Thanks for your replies. I didn’t know you could mod PSTs. Will keep an eye on FLO and then decide.

The annoying thing is that I was going to buy one a few years ago when they were £400. It’s a lot of money to fork out now. 

19 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Basically involves sticking the innards of the PST into a frac' of some sort.

Dave

As long as it’s not too complicated as I am fairly useless!?

The same reason that you would use a 6" refractor rather than a 40mm for planetary observing, resolution and the ability to use higher magnification. This can of course be achieved with a Quark.  :icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Peter Drew said:

The same reason that you would use a 6" refractor rather than a 40mm for planetary observing, resolution and the ability to use higher magnification. This can of course be achieved with a Quark.  :icon_biggrin:

I was thinking something along those lines.

Just had to ask.

Archived