Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters.thumb.jpg.b518052b915c2cf31f5f12e33ce0e9d2.jpg

Hi I am really new to this I’ve got a Celestron 4se was just wondering if their is anyone I could get advice from in the wigan area Lancashire I keep reading about it and it seems to get more complicated thanks any help would be great 

Hi,

Not sure if it's of any help, you could see if there are any Astronomical Societies near to you as you should then be able to get plenty of help.

Liverpool Astronomical Society meet at Pex Hill in Widnes at  7pm every Wednesday evening.  If you can get there  and bring your scope we'll  be able to help you set up etc.

Doug

• Like 1

I have an 8SE, very similar.. if theres any help I can give you, ask away...

I’ve got a 4SE, and a 6/8 SE goto mount that I use my C8 scope on mainly, although I still do fit the 4SE onto the mount still for observation sometimes. Any questions please ask. :) 

1 hour ago, Doug64 said:

Liverpool Astronomical Society meet at Pex Hill in Widnes

I'm guessing they have moved the county boundaries since I left home! :icon_biggrin:

Hi all I can’t believe the response didn’t expect it it’s ok Doug I should be able to get to you or your club on Wednesday if that’s ok and thanks everyone I’ve just realised 

I am not alone 

2 hours ago, John2309 said:

Hi all I can’t believe the response didn’t expect it it’s ok Doug I should be able to get to you or your club on Wednesday if that’s ok and thanks everyone I’ve just realised 

I am not alone 

Glad to help,

See you on Wednesday if you come along.  I'll be there from 7.

Doug