SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Horsehead

MartinB

The NS8 Atik 2HS and Meade 3.3 focal reducer gives a very narrow field of view but I've got the head anyway. Hoping to get a fastar system soon but not easy to get hold off.

29 subs at 45 seconds with HA filter. No flats or dark frames (still reading up on those). Colour added in photoshop.

Gives some impression of how good Rogers images are :laugh: :laugh:

image.jpg

Martin

Thanks for all your positive comments everyone. I'm very pleased to have got horsey. I entered it on the scope hand set and it slewed away bringing up a few uninspiring stars appeared on screen. No nebulosity or anything. Did a 20 second exposure just in case and there it was, spot on. Very exciting. The tracking on the scope is brill. Other than rotation it just stays put which makes things so easy. Still only scratching the surface really, a huge amount to learn.

Martin

Hi Martin you should be proud of that one ,its a great image mate ,as the horse is not an easy target , and for your first one i would say you are on the right road for sure to becoming a very good imager .

u never said how you processed it are u trying Maxim like said , , also try 40 odd frames and that image would be awesone , thats why i say Maxim ,takes care of rotation .

Rog

That's fantastic image Martin! Not at all jealous!!!

You won't see the Horsey in the EP - it's a dark nebula, so you need to image it as you have successfully done!

Thanks again for the encouragement.

Rog - yes using Maxim after your advice on changing the individual avi frames into bmps (how tedious is that!) Will have to start using more frames. Also need to get to grips with dark and flat frames. Seem to be getting some amp glow although i have selected amp off.

Daz your right but it is a bit disconcerting filming something that isn't there if you know what I mean!

Martin

laughing yes i know it takes a while martin , the only answer to that old buddy ehehhe is sneak out and get the atik 16hr that was they are all in tiff so non of that processing changing , just open maxim and combine the tiffs done in seconds hehehe , then just the normal processing , but hey ATIK 2HS RULES EH !! fantastic little camera that ,

Rog

Archived