Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fracastorius

Eastman

After guite sometime finally clear skies.

I went out with my 130p flextube to take a quick look at the moon. Nice view of the moon and Venus when I walked into the garden.

Started with a 15mm plossl and one crater jumped straight in the eyepiece, Fracastorius. One side with a smaller crater nicely illuminated (Fracastorius D). Seeing was good when I put in the 2.25 x balow and 8mm eyepiece. Really enjoyed that one, never noticed before!

Great earth shine too, turned the illuminated part of the moon out the eyepiece en saw some nice details. 

Also the pearls on the southpole where visible, I saw two this time.

Took a picture with a smartphone through the eyepiece.

Great been out again.

Screenshot_20180519-233030.jpg

20180519_222401.jpg

Good observation, it was indeed an interesting phase and with Fracastorius, Fracastorius D commanding attention. There is a central rille within the main crater field, which could be potentially glimpsed, over looked this tonight perhaps another time, if the seeing is good.   

Nice report. I also homed in on Fracastorius D, the line of craters to Y being distinct. There was also a line of 4 diamonds running away from Fracastorius D on the dark side opposite to Y, which from the maps I think was the sun lighting up the tops of the crater walls of Beaumont P, E, and B.

Archived