Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polaris in transit.

Redscouse

Afternoon all. :hello:

I've been scouring the tinterweb for a good hour or so trying to find Polaris in transit times to no avail. :BangHead:
I'm surprised by this, I thought this information would be readily available? 

Can any of you guys point me in the right direction please.
Thanks for looking.

Pete. :thumbsup:

Edit: I've tried Polar finder on both Android & Windows. I can set my longitude but not the time so all I'm seeing is where Polaris is now.
I've got Stellarium opened and focussed on the NCP through the reticule view. I've then used the date/time to move Polaris to the top which gives me a time of 23:57 tonight. 
Does that sound about right to you guys?

Not sure which Polar Finder App you are using in Windows, but Jason Dale's Polar Finder app (link) allows you to change the time interval between the four graphs it displays and by fiddling with the inerval you can get it to display a transit. 

Guessing your longitude at 3 31' 25" give a transit time tonight of 23:54

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi almcl, Thanks for the response. 

The one I have installed looks like this. I can turn the three dials circled to change longitude but that's it. 

Capture.PNG.6c4397a9a11947f5c117b16700c5416b.PNG

I'll take a look at the one you linked to know. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Pete.

Edit:
This is what Stellarium displays. I wasn't sure if it was correct however looking at the screen shots you posted I think it's correct. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.8a0a9c72e1aeab51d262d4044febe9ae.PNG

19 minutes ago, almcl said:

Jason Dale's Polar Finder app (link) allows you to change the time interval between the four graphs it displays and by fiddling with the inerval you can get it to display a transit.

Works a treat! Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Archived