Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunt 8x32 Solar Bins.

Word of warning...................

If you have a pair or small solar bins, and a pair of 2.1 x 40 wide field bins.............don't store them side by side. I did, and the other day i grabbed what i thought were the solar bins. Just moments before i was going to have a look through them, i noticed that i'd picked up the wide field bins.

That was a close shave.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where not still going on about these ?

I own both the Coronados , the larger 12 x 60 are

v good and superior to placing filters onto standard

binos , however where these type of binos as a whole  

really shine is during an eclipse , here one can 

effortlessly glimpse great views of the partial phases.

Brian 

On 01/06/2018 at 19:53, LukeSkywatcher said:

Word of warning...................

If you have a pair or small solar bins, and a pair of 2.1 x 40 wide field bins.............don't store them side by side. I did, and the other day i grabbed what i thought were the solar bins. Just moments before i was going to have a look through them, i noticed that i'd picked up the wide field bins.

That was a close shave.

good job you noticed 

On 01/06/2018 at 19:16, Stu said:

I would much rather have the Lunts Paul, totally different quality I should think.

I would certainly hope so, given the price differential! ?

Just got them for very quick "preliminary" views (which, apart from eclipses, are all binos are good for on the Sun, I think). For "proper" obs, I would use one of my other options (Baader-filtered "ordinary" scope, Coronado PST, Solarscope).

Archived