SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC443 Jellyfish 21.7 hours over 2 years (HaOIIIRGB)

graemlourens

Hi everybody.

I started this target 2 years ago, and was fighting a lot with basics. Continuously capturing data in the past 2 years, and learning new tricks on the road i gave this target a final shot.

I tried my best to tame the blue squint of my ED80 (purple stars) and was focusing my efforts on adding the HA & OIII carefully to the RGB(Star)-Layer. 

Now that i'm using Photoshop for all this magic (and not only PI like in earlier years) it all felt very natural and comfortable. It was actually a very nice experience to put this one together!

OIII was extremely hard to get though. There's not crazy much around there it seems.

Hope you like it! Any feedback warmly welcome as usual!

Details about capturing are here: https://graemlourens.com/image/ic443-jellyfish-nebula/

Kind regards, Graem

IC443.thumb.jpg.7abed1caf088250eeaf5c340f89663fa.jpg

13 hours ago, PaulR1 said:

Very Very impressive :)

12 hours ago, simmo39 said:

Wow, that is so good!

Thank you so much both of you!

12 hours ago, whatablanker said:

There are some very blue stars. But the Ha detail is incredible. Defiantly one for next year. Well done Sir.

Absolutely. This is the first time i spent lots of time correcting my stars, and i must have gone a little overboard with some of them. I'm not pleased how the blue stars came out, but will give this a better try on my next image!

11 hours ago, Stargazer33 said:

That's dedication! Lovely depth in your image. Your processing is impressive too. :icon_salut:

Thank you! The longer i'm in this hobby (and the older i get), the more i appreciate the multi-year targets!

Kind regards, Graem

45 minutes ago, MikeODay said:

Great image Graem, I really like the 3d feel to the image :)

25 minutes ago, ramdom said:

Beautiful and stunning!

--Ram

Thank you so much Mike & Ram!

I didn't expect such overwhelming feedback! Very nice feeling to see that the result also pleases other critical eyes! :)

Kind regards, Graem

15 hours ago, dannybgoode said:

Oh Lordy. I have yet to take so much as a shot of the moon but it’s pictures like this that inspire me to get imaging this year. Really very good. 

Thank you Danny!

You're at the perfect place here for getting help and knowledge how to pursue this (crazy) hobby! :) So many helpful people here have brought me to where i am today.

Kind regards, Graem

6 hours ago, graemlourens said:

Thank you Danny!

You're at the perfect place here for getting help and knowledge how to pursue this (crazy) hobby! :) So many helpful people here have brought me to where i am today.

Kind regards, Graem

I can’t wait to get started! I have bought and read ‘the’ book. Risked divorce by buying an AZ EQ6 and for now have a dslr ready to go so taking advantage of the longer nights to practice setting everything up etc, making sure all the software works etc. 

Will post some of my efforts once I have taken something. 

Archived