Narrowband

Greetings from sunny Northern Ireland!

CaptainSlow88

Hello all, I've just recently developed an interest in Astronomy and have just bought a reflector to give it a real go! Northern Ireland has enjoyed some unseasonably clear nights recently so have managed to get some cracking views of Jupiter so far, so hopefully it'll continue.

I'm a long-time photographer so eventually once I become much more proficient at operating the scope and developing a better understanding, I hope to delve into some astrophotography!

Looking forward to chatting!

51 minutes ago, CaptainSlow88 said:

Hello all, I've just recently developed an interest in Astronomy and have just bought a reflector to give it a real go! Northern Ireland has enjoyed some unseasonably clear nights recently so have managed to get some cracking views of Jupiter so far, so hopefully it'll continue.

I'm a long-time photographer so eventually once I become much more proficient at operating the scope and developing a better understanding, I hope to delve into some astrophotography!

Welcome to SGL and hello from Northern Ireland also, CaptainSlow  There are a few members on here from NI, including @Xiga and @Peje , who are well versed in astroimaging.  I dabble in it too myself so if there is any advice you need please do not hesitate to ask. 

9 hours ago, CaptainSlow88 said:

Welcome to the forum, no better place for you to ask questions and get advice from people who are interesting in helping you. It's where I learnt almost everything I know!!

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:21, CaptainSlow88 said:

Welcome to SGL CaptainSlow, and welcome to your new hobby. Also, welcome to being permanently skint! (Astrophotography is a money pit, as you'll soon learn, lol).

Happy to help if you have any questions on anything.

ps - Consider adding your first name to your signature

hello and welcome, I'm from the east coast of sunny NI myself, although I am a complete amateur!! great help and tips on this site hope you enjoy looking at the pics etc as much as I do

Archived