Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC-410 LRGB Data Set

Rodd

Here's something a bit different for me--a broadband image of an emission nebula.  This data was collected with the TOA 130 at F7.7 (unreduced), with a focal length of 1,000mm, and the STT-8300 with Astrodon series e filters.  The pixel scale is 1.12 arcsec/pix.  The data is fully calibrated, but otherwise unprocessed.  The stacks are registered so you don't have to align them.  The RGB subs were 10 min in duration, and the lum subs were 20 min in duration.  the number of subs is in the name of the stack.  I have included a synthetic luminance that consists of all LRGB subs just in case someone prefers it. I can't recall if I used that or a straight lum, which means I probably did not see a big difference between them once inserted into the RGB image.  There is a shortage of blue subs--only 7.  That is a rather small number (especially now that I am using the ASI 1600), but it does represent over an hour of data, so it could be worse.   I have included my image for reference (well--one of many.  At the time I thought it my best effort, but I am not so sure now).  Let me know if the JPEG compression is too severe.

Good luck...and have fun.

r18.fit

g18.fit

b7.fit

L18.fit

SL61.fit

My Attempt:

lXvGu4fxqDTu_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.thumb.jpg.365ad753328ebe8e7dd08c49bd95c454.jpg

Colourful, detailed and with very well handled stars... I'm glad you shared it!

I would not have guessed there was such a large blue data deficiency if you had not mentioned it. Looks very clean in all perspectives to me :)

12 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Lovely image Rodd.

Thanks Richard.  I am looking forward to seeing what others come up with (in 20 minutes vs my 3 weeks!)

Rodd

3 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Your attempt looks great Rodd! It’s nice in the natural RGB format and stars are really like jewels. 

Thanks Doc.....we'll see when there us something to compare it to.  The goal is to get others to give it a whirl, so maybe I should take mine down:icon_biggrin:

Rodd

Archived