Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Uranium235

Flying Bat & Elephant trunk - Part 1

Just kicking off with the start of this years Summer project, though I think this one wont need as much time on it as some of the other things I have planned.

Still pretty low in the sky, but thats no trouble for the Ha filter. Its a new lens, and Ive yet to settle it in properly so one or two of the corners are slightly out - I forgot just how picky the focus/field depth can be at f2, especially when working with a bayonet connection. I might pack it out a little, just to provide a more snug fit with no play.

As ever, more data is required - but I think my main area of interest will be to develop that dark rift that seems to separate the two objects, so possibly another 3 hours worth to clean that bit up. As for the squid.... I think I will leave that bag of madness alone when it comes to the OIII :)

20x450 (Ha)

Atik 383L+, NEQ6, Samyang 135mm @f2

Thanks for looking :)

40324249880_1f20233c2e_k.jpg

• Like 12

Oooo, I like that Rob, what a lovely field of view, and just one pane, not your usual multi pane extravaganzas! I will enjoy watching this one progress. Nicely processed too, sharp, but without cutting my eyeballs!

• Thanks 1

Very nice. I don’t think I’ve seen IC1396 at that focal length before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ibbo! said:

squid ?????

I'll take no part in that madness!! Though it might be worth me borrowing yours ;)

Resampled down to 135mm, it could work quite well!

• Haha 1

Oohh, exciting start Rob.  I must say I look forward to your summer projects!